[Oberon] Mail.Panel topiclist magic

Josef Sedlacek sedlacek at swissonline.ch
Mon May 24 11:24:01 CEST 2004

Hi Edgar

edgar at edgarschwarz.de wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm extending Mail.Panel to allow it to work with multiple mail files.
>So I can e.g. drop mails which are sent to an invented address at edgarschwarz.de
>and other spam my filter catches to a spamfile automatically.
>Now I would like to be able to select my target mail file using a button and the
>same mechanism like the topiclist for Set,Clear and Move.
>I tried to duplicate all and created a repolist model and also the buttons/iconizers
>panel says it's connected to a RepoListModel but somehow it still shows the
>topiclist instead of my repolist (mailfile names).
>So can anybody give me a hint what's going on inside of the Gadget system and whether
>I can find out somehow which data is accessed when I MM on my button ?
>Too much magic in there :-(
>
>Cheers, Edgar

I try to answer but I am not so sure whether the level of the answer
matches with your question.
In Mail.Mod is for example in NewTopicModel the following statement:
Objects.NewObj := topicList
This is the list which is then displayed.
Otherwise displaying dynamic lists is rather complicated.
If this does not help ask please more specific.

Regards

Josef

--
Company:  Radiar, Dr. J. Sedlacek, CH-7554 Sent
Tel: +41 (81) 860 06 60