Re (2): [Oberon] Oberon Wiki

Bernhard Treutwein BdT at wildwein.de
Tue Jun 8 21:22:22 CEST 2004

> But I think it will be interesting. In theory Wikis are great but will it
also
> work out for an Oberon topic ?

I don't know, but I think that the HCL (http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/hcl.html)
would gain a lot, if every/anybody with success or failure stories could
insert their experiences. I sent (from time to time) notes to the ETH
maintainers, some of them are visible, some aren't.

For example:

Be warned of  Permedia 2v cards, they have slight differences in timing
requirement compared  to Permedia 2 cards (I've got one AGP and
PCI of each kind).

On board Adaptec AIC-7895 fail, but AHA2940 U2W are ok.

I don't know, if we could use the HCL and other stuff from Zürich as
starting points (Andre, Pieter, Thomas ... are you listening)

regards
    Bernhard
    BdT (at) wildwein de (home)
    Bernhard Treutwein (at) verwaltung uni-muenchen de (work)