[Oberon] Re. FTP.

shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Tue Jun 15 22:52:01 CEST 2004

Chris,

cg> It looks as if it connected.

Certainly.

cg> Do you know/confirm that it 'echoes' fully and correct
eg. by comparing with another client?

Not shure what you mean.

I suppose my next steps are to study the
source modules and the relevant RFCs, turn
on whatever debugging output I can find and
try to understand the failure.  Anyone know
the current numbers for FTP RFCs?

cg> Can you do some other inet-command after 'freeing yourself from
the FTP loop'.

Yes.  FTP to Mac NetPresenz on my LAN and other
network services are OK.  Suggests that the problem
is in the FTP protocol.

cg> the developer of inet utilities tests it against his available
   facilities ...

Pity that the RFCs are not simpler and more
clear.  Gutknecht, p. 107, _The School
of Niklaus Wirth_, "...a few lines of formal
text, in combination with expressive names,
are worth more than a thousand pages of verbose
and lengthy explanations."

Thanks for the reply,        Peter E.

       http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/