[Oberon] Re: FTP.

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Wed Jun 16 11:05:10 CEST 2004

> cg> Do you know/confirm that it 'echoes' fully and correct
> eg. by comparing with another client?
>
> Not shure what you mean.

I think you implied that another client got the full [without hanging]
dir-listing, which was also correct [as per the severs dir-contents].

> I suppose my next steps are to study the
> source modules and the relevant RFCs, turn
> on whatever debugging output I can find and
> try to understand the failure.  Anyone know
> the current numbers for FTP RFCs?

Searching my RFCs file doesn't give a direct answer only:-
 ------------ ------------ ------------ --
3.2. FTP

   The FTP URL scheme is used to designate files and directories on
   Internet hosts accessible using the FTP protocol (RFC959).

   A FTP URL follow the syntax described in Section 3.1.  If :<port> is
RFC 1738
; FTP (see also RFC959)
  [15] Postel, J. and J. Reynolds, "File Transfer Protocol (FTP)",
       STD 9, RFC 959, USC/Information Sciences Institute,
       October 1985.
       <URL:ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc959.txt>
Subject: <URL:http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1725.txt>
 ------------ ------------ ------------ --
Then email [which answers in < 1minute] :-

To: getweb at usa.healthnet.org
Subject: healthWebMail4ABSA "  ->  %22

GET http://www.google.com/search?submit=Google+Search&q=\
FTP+site:http://www.ietf.org
 ------------ ------------
Shows TOO MANY finds.
http://www.ietf.org  is apparently the 'RFC HQ' ?

If you find their [ietf.org] index: relating rfc<the number>.txt to a topic,
[eg. FTP - except I expect there are many <the number> for FTP];
then please give me the URL.

== Chris Glur.

BTW. I deleted you original post, but guessed your FTP to be:
ftp.carnot.pathology.ubc.ca
At about 07:00 of 16 June, FTP.Open ^
failed - no trace in SystemTrack.