[Oberon] LNO mouse-cording ?

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Fri Jul 16 20:32:50 CEST 2004

As I remember Edgar observed that using linux to eg. view *.pdf,
one could conveniently, on the same machine, use the results for LNO.
I want to manually build/edit the equivalent in LNO of a *.pdf.

Undoubtedly n-o's rapid search, scroll, cutNpaste and especially the
'wipeNdab' for 'marking colour and font' makes a superb learning
tool for modifying and hi-lighting other text-format tutors.

One needs to see the original *.pdf;  possibly for non-ascii chars
and diagrams, while modifying/building the n-o version.

My LNO v 2.3.6 doesn't do the mouse cording of n-o vers 2001:-
*   MR/ML to delete a test string; I thought DOSbased V2.3.6 did this ?
*   ML/MR to copy the colour & font to the selected stretch.

* I understand there is a LNO v2.3.7 ?
* Does it have the updated cording ?
* Is there any other easy work-around, apart from having 2 machines
  next to each other, to manually 'evolve' the text to one's chosen
  n-o style & hi-lighting ?
* I vaguely remembber that LNO uses my DOSbased virtual-directory;
      does this mean that the LNO should have the same mouse cording
       as the corresponding DOSbased v 2.3.6 ?
*  could VNC [I've never used it] under a newer n-o version be applicable ?

Thanks, for any advice or info.

== Chris Glur.