[Oberon] Re: Oberon for Mac OS X 10.3?

Guenter Feldmann fld at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Sun Oct 24 20:41:15 CEST 2004

Am Sonntag, 24. Oktober 2004 20:09 schrieb Tim McLarnan:
> Friends,
>
> I was an active Oberon user 10 years ago, and am now looking at the
> system again after a number of years away from it.
>
> I wonder what the status of Oberon for Mac OS X is?

Please try the new upcoming release and give me feedback if you have
any trouble with it:

   ftp://ftp.informatik.uni-bremen.de/home/fld/oberon/test

In this version the Threads extension is enabled for the MacOS port too.
To be able to use the Threads you  have to do the following after the
normal installation:

   as root:
 cd  <oberon home>
 chown root  macx.oberon
 chmod 4755  macx.oberon

In the source tree you can find a test/demo module for the Threads
extension (Unix/TestThreads.Mod).

-- Guenter