[Oberon] LinAos

edgar at edgarschwarz.de edgar at edgarschwarz.de
Thu Sep 1 17:46:02 CEST 2005

"Paul Reed" <paulreed at paddedcell.com>:
> > ... I would prefer a LinAos obviously :-)
> How about a web-based, collaborative project to
> port WinAos to Linux and the BSDs?  I would be
> prepared to help with design, coding, documentation,
> testing, or whatever.  Just not full-time. :)
This was an important reminder. I had some space left on the disk for Linux.
Knoppix didn't like the hardware but a Suse 9.1 was happy with Graphics, LAN
and wireless mouse. Only thing missing yet is WLAN.
So let's give it a try. If you, I, Günter Feldmann with his Linux Oberon and
Felix with WinAos and naturally everybody who wants to help pool our knowledge
and resources it should be a realistic task.
Because it I think about it Bluebottle for my laptop would mean:
	Graphics driver, LAN driver, Mouse driver (wireless or touchpad), WLAN driver.
Seems to be a lot of work. So perhaps better start with another task.

I could provide my Wiki. But AFAIK you have a company. So you perhaps would have
more means to provide stuff like perhaps a wiki,webspace, ftpserver, mailing list.
Just what perhaps could be handy for such a parttime effort of a couple of
collaborators.
Because it's based on Linux perhaps even a sourceforge project could be set up
which probably could give a lot of necessary infrastructure.

Cheers, Edgar