[Oberon] NO <--VNC--> Firefox/Linux

jan verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Thu Apr 20 20:54:22 CEST 2006

Op Thursday 20 April 2006 02:40 schreef shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca:
 > Routinely, I've used Firefox in Debian Linux
 > from NO through a VNC connection.  Over the
 > past few months there have been instances of
 > the Firefox terminating abruptly with report
 > of a "Segmentation fault" to the VNC terminal
 > window.  No other information reported.  The
 > termination usually happens as an index.html
 > is opened.  The frequency seems to be increasing
 > and today http://www.canada.com/ will not open.
 >
 > Odd problem.  Any ideas?

This happens occasionally with most Linux browsers. When things get too
tough or too chaotic, they terminate instantly, after having cleaned up
most of the mess they created.

My NetScape 4.77 does it quite often when going through modern websites.

Mozilla sometimes does so, especially when digging through webpages which
were intended to be browsed by IE only.

That's modern life.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten