[Oberon] N-O 'show global varaibles' command ?

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Fri Apr 28 13:41:36 CEST 2006

I seem to remember that there's a M.P to show the global
variables of a module, but substantial effort failed to find it.
Please help.

-----------
Obviously by positioning textFiles to known positions,
where they can be latter processed allows powerfull batch
processing scripts  -- since text frame are not identified by name,
but displayPosition.

I don't-want-to/shouldn't-have-to analyse the source.

Clearly what is needed is:
<positionMarkerTo X,Ycoordinates> which is acheived by
'Configuration.Marker set X Y		at absolute pixel position X, Y'
 [where X,Y also depend on the display resolution].

'Configuration.Marker save user		save marker in user track'
 would apparently save the coordinated of the marker which is
in the user track ?
* I always thought there was only ONE marker available,
  independant of system or user track ?
* <digression> some things which need to be said are omitted
because of taboo: in english 'the bird flew OVER the wire' is
very different from 'ON TO the wire'.  A previous attempt at
testing an N-O graphics package failed for me, because the
'cursor had to be moved OVER the line' !
The solution to these socio/non-technical problem, is to accept
that you-can't-get-it-right-the-first-time, accept the need for
successive refinement.  <end digression>

Here again I'm guessing that 'save marker in user track'
means 'save user track marker' and not 'save marker into user track'.
So then the UserTrackMarker's [there's only one marker ?]
 coordinates are saved - as global/s, available for later
commands.

So now if I first reposition/clear THE [only] marker, I can then
restore it later to the saved position, by apparently
 'Configuration.Marker set save		set at saved position'

But NO !!
Why ?

== Chris Glur.