[Oberon] New BB release

Easthope peasthope at cablelan.net
Wed Feb 7 17:59:09 MET 2007

Oberon & Aos users,

Sorry if you find this arcane.

As I see, Dialer.Mod was designed to operate a
modem for establishing a PPP connection.

Recently I purchased a long distance telephone
calling card and wonder about also using Dialer to
establish a call.  This would save me from dialing
the access numbers for the calling card and
would also allow invocation from my Desktop.Tool.
Along with all its other uses, the Desktop.Tool
would be a telephone directory!

So perhaps modems are not quite obsolete.

This is my idea of generalizing the command
syntax.  If anyone can offer a suggestion or criticism
it will help.
Extant syntax is Dialer.Dial <config> <device> ~
For example "Dialer.Dial carnot Device0 ~".

First I wonder about the benefit of the device
being a parameter of the command rather than being
in the Oberon.Text.  For example, config.Init might be
Init = { Device0 COM1 19200 }