[Oberon] Linux Oberon error

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Tue Aug 26 12:03:31 MEST 2008

--
My now running:
"ETH Oberon (2.4.3) for Linux x86
Oberon Boot File Loader 22.11.2004
starting System.Init

So at least you seem on the right course.

My now running:
Threads enabled
  version has lost what it 'showed on startup'.

I don't think the Oberon-system is writing:
"martin at thinkpad:~/workdir$".

So I think it's at the linux stage.
This could be difficult to debug.
Is  'Trace/breakpoint trap' a <dir>/file name,
 with the vital info ?

You've got the complexity of linux overlaid with the
complexity of the ETH-Oberon system.

For the last months I've been running linux from an
old Mandrake9.1 version.  And the loss of the caret
position, when the display re-draws, when swithing
to other applications annoyed. And Mandk9.1 couldn't
handle the "Threads enabled" version of Oberon,
which I hoped would fix the caret-poition-loss
problem.  So I'm now running linux FC1, less old
than Mandk9.1, to see if the "Threads enabled" version
is better.  It is not.  And it also traps for
ET-popupmenues, which the Mandk9.1 version didn't.

I'm using linux-oberon instead of standAlone-oberon
because it allows me to fetch other linux-based
inet loads, while I'm paying to have my oberon
fetches payed for on a slow dial-up connection.

It's also nice to be able to see the *.pdf, *.ps
on the same box, by just switching tasks.

Obviously linux-ETH-oberon is not as stable as
StandAlone-ETH-oberon.

== Chris Glur