[Oberon] Oberon and Emacs

B. Smith-Mannschott benpsm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 21:46:10 MEST 2008

On Sep 25, 2008, at 20:01, Martin Bishop wrote:

> I use oo2c as my Oberon compiler, and I loaded up the included Emacs
> files, however it doesn't work as I'd hoped.
>
> I have some elisp code for editing Modula-3, and it has the nice
> feature
> of completing keywords, so typing "mod" and pressing TAB results in
> "MODULE ".  Is there any existing elisp code for Oberon to do the
> same?

I can't speak to their features, because I haven't used them, but i
found these two modes:

http://www.isotton.com/misc/emacs-oberon-mode/oberon.el
http://www.brgeight.se/downloads/emacs/oberon.el

If your modula-3 mode can already do this, perhaps it would be
possible to modify it appropriately for oberon. I might even know
enough elisp to manage that.  I'd be willing to give it a go, if you'd
like.

//Ben