[Oberon] Oberon and Emacs

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Sat Sep 27 18:31:27 MEST 2008

On Sep 25, 2008, at 20:01, Martin Bishop wrote:

> I use oo2c as my Oberon compiler, and I loaded up the included Emacs
> files, however it doesn't work as I'd hoped.
>
> I have some elisp code for editing Modula-3, and it has the nice
> feature
> of completing keywords, so typing "mod" and pressing TAB results in
> "MODULE ".  Is there any existing elisp code for Oberon to do the
> same?
> --

Because everything is connected to everything else,
it's dificult to not be accused of drifting off-topic.
[information hiding requires effort].

I'm a fanatic at resisting to do 'piano playing'.
ETH-oberon can run without a keyboard.

Here's just a small part of ETH-oberon's customisable:
EditKeys.Definitions [which I've line-wrapped here]
---------------
(hotkey is #160 (* 0A0X *))
  !m  ("MODULE " write "!ModlName" write ";"
write cr "END " write "!ModlName" write "." write cr)
  !p  ("PROCEDURE " write "!ProcName" write ";"
write cr "BEGIN" write cr ` "END " write
"!ProcName" write ";" write cr)
 ...etc..
  e  ("To: .... at ....." write cr "Cc: crglur at gmail.com"
write cr "Date: Day Month 2007" write cr "
From: Chris Glur <easlab at absamail.co.za>"
write cr "Subject: " write caret cr cr " > see
System.Time TextMail.Cite  Edit.Open ^"
write cr "oberon at lists.inf.ethz.ch" write cr ..etc.
-----------------
which for eg. "e" <insert> displays my template
for emailing, with the present date.  So far that's the
only key-macro that I regularly use.

Apparently the 1st 2 key-macros liste above: !m & !p
will give you ...why do I talk, let me just do it !
------
MODULE !ModlName;
END !ModlName.
------
  PROCEDURE !ProcName;
BEGIN

  	END !ProcName;
--------

Yes the indents are not correct.
I experimented with nesting of all the constructs
and found indentation problems .

BTW. when I recently tried emacs under linux,
I couldn't find how/where to enter/edit the elisp
code.

Can you advise how ?

== Chris Glur.