[Oberon] Bluebottle on VirtualBox?

Jack Johnson knapjack at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 20:09:07 MEST 2008

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 5:51 AM, Thomas Frey <thomas.frey at alumni.ethz.ch> wrote:
> I have tested build 1560 on VirtualBox version 2.0.2 on Windows Vista.
> VirtualBox crashed when initializing the A2 network driver. I have pressed
> shift while booting and removed Boot4 (Typing "Boot4=" without quotes,
> followed by Enter and c, Enter). This avoided the crash of VirtualBox.

Thanks!  I removed the default virtual network card and that seems to
work as well.  I may try the others to see if they are more
successful.

> I notice extremely poor performance, but it seems to work. Did not try to
> play with VirtualBox settings to improve performance.

I noticed some activities seem very slow while others are more than
acceptable.  I think watching the seconds on the clock tick
erratically is the most telling.

-Jack