[Oberon] Platform independent IDE

Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Wed Oct 15 23:41:02 MEST 2008

Bernhard,
Thank you.  I was afraid of that (unless someone else
can come up with another solution).

Academia vs Business
With all of the lovely work going on at ETHZ it continually
amazes me that there are not more spin-offs to commercialize
that work.

Oberon Microsystems was one such effort.  I don't want to
characterize it as to a success or failure but simply say that
what they produced is very acceptable from the commercial
side.  If they had completed their goal of platform independence,
I believe, they would have been more successful.  One does not
have to dominate a market in order to be a success.

So why isn't Bluebottle supported as a shrink wrapped product
for the major platforms?

-Doug Danforth