[Oberon] Modula2 vs Oberon IMPORT

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Sat Jan 8 18:00:25 CET 2011

On Saturday 08 January 2011 07:36:45 Douglas G. Danforth wrote:

> The question is whether Modula really only imported the code for the
> specified procedures OR imported the whole module (loaded it into
> memory) but only made available the stated procedures.
>
> Anyone know?

I did some tests here. The full module is inserted, as explained in the
previous mail.
I once thought that one copy of a module woyuld be running in memory and
that all active programs would just call this daemon. But that would
mean that the state of the program (eg EOF) as a result of Prog1
calling the daemon would have effect to Prog2 (calling the same daemon)
as well. I started several instances of a program and in each program I
created error conditions. None of which were 'visible' in the other
programs.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jan Verhoeven