[Oberon] Modula2 vs Oberon IMPORT

Christian Demmer chris at gcjd.de-web.ws
Sun Jan 9 23:53:12 CET 2011

Duke Normandin wrote:
>"one incarnation of every procedure used" => OK makes sense
>"nothing more" => meaning no other un-used procedures from the
>IMPORTed modules, or meaning no 2nd or 3rd etc copy of used procedures?

I meant no unused procedures and no duplicate procedures if you are
using a static linker for a native executable file like you have on
Linux.

I don't know the details for OBC. I remember it's an bytecode
interpreter but I don't know if there is a static linker or if the
modules are loadtime linked by the runtime  system.

Greetings, chris