[Oberon] Modula2 vs Oberon IMPORT

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Mon Jan 10 00:27:32 CET 2011

On Sunday 09 January 2011 23:53:12 Christian Demmer wrote:

> I don't know the details for OBC. I remember it's an bytecode
> interpreter but I don't know if there is a static linker or if the
> modules are loadtime linked by the runtime  system.

Obc produces an inline bytecode.

The first line of the executable reads:

	#!/usr/local/lib/obc/obxj

The objx is a virtual machine and it reads the byte code that comes
right after the LF behind the 'j' of 'obxj'. Try to inspect an
executable with 'less'. 'cat' is even nicer but you do it on your own
risk.. ;(

I attached the test1 executable for educational reasons. It will only
run if you have the corresponding obxj program.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jan Verhoeven
http://www.verhoeven272.nl