[Oberon] LNO revive.

peasthope at shaw.ca peasthope at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 3 20:34:07 CET 2012

From:	Chris Glur <easlab at absamail.co.za>
Date:	Tue, 10 Jan 2012 00:00:00 +0000
> These minature CF are amazing, but I don't know how reliable
> they are for long term running of code, with the need to
> continually read/write.

Was this topic mentioned a few years ago?  In any case, I've
used a working partition in a Kingston 512 MiB CF on ETHNO
for roughly 5 years.  It's read much more than written.
During this time there have been two or three occasions where
the directory was broken.  On each occasion, after reformatting
and restoring data from backup, the card contiuned to work
normally.  A key benefit for me is that the one primary copy
of data stays with me at home and at work.  There is never
a question of which of multiple copies is the latest.  Backups
are kept at both sites of course.

Regards,       ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 639 0202.  bcc: peasthope ... shaw.ca
"http://carnot.yi.org/ "