[Oberon] Partition.Tool can't do sdx: for 2009 Netbooks

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Wed Feb 22 14:59:43 CET 2012

Bernhard wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>  although I am not really shure, but most probably you should be able....
>  to use
>    VirtualDisks.Install NO "/dev/partition" ~
>    to access your files in a native oberon partition as NO:*
>   BTW: The ISO images are created under WinAos by creating a virtual
>     disk and converting that to ISO format

I've installed LNO on a netbook's CF, because LNO can run without X,
using a FrameBuffer.
But this netbook shows all <storage> as /dev/sd*.

So far I've been running the LNO from linux files, but now
I want to have a proper N-O/AosFS partition, like I can do on my PC.
For this I need to format-AoFS one CF partition.
But Partition.Tool only knows about IDE
How can I solve this problem?
With difficulty I could probably run A2-CD via the USB.
Would that allow me to make a N-O type partition on
the /dev/sd* ?

Thanks,

== Chris Glur.

PS. I hope to get on the forum.
It's annoying having to jump-thru-hoops again, since I
already paid my mail-list membership in 199?