[Oberon] Has *nix:A2 email got TLS/SSL?

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 19:51:11 CET 2013

Whereas Old:ETHO pop & smtp where each just ONE-SHOT per aticle,
http:gmail seems to be a whole 20-step-tango to fetch each article.
Plus the httpFetcher becomes occupied/unavailable after each fetch.
It's a disaster.

Documentation for gmail smtp says:
 Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
   Port for SSL: 465
AFAIK ETHO/S3 has no TLS ? SSL.

I'd like to use A2, if the email-fetcher does TLS ? SSL

Previously A2:CD-versions (2008 & 2009) couldn't write to ANY of my devices.

Only recently have I discovered that this is probably because ALL my
IDE and USB-stiks don't comply with Micro$oft.

But now, a new/unused USB-stik mounts and writes perfectly for A2 !

I don't suspect a virus.
Apparently M$ has got plenty redundant checks for their disk-specs.
So that their dreaded enemy Linux can format devices using a relaxed
version of the spec. And later the M$ bullys can pull out the FULL-strict
spec and fail the competition.

Apparently A2 was based in the strict M$-spec. whereas NativeOberon was based
on the relaxed spec of Linux/Open documentation.

That's why I failed to use A2. Which is what M$ intended:-
= "Beware of using open/non-Microsoft products." =

A2 is looking interesting now, and it's a pity to neglect it.

== Chris Glur.

Can rPi help break the WinTel monopolistic strangle?