[Oberon] Oberon V4 sources moved

Claudio Nieder private at claudio.ch
Thu Mar 28 16:42:27 CET 2013

Hi,

> I wonder how difficult it is to port Oberon V4 for Linux to ARM?

I have added a page https://sourceforge.net/p/oberon/wiki/Compiler/ describing the module structure of the compiler. This page also links to Régis Crelier report on the OP2 compiler ftp://ftp.inf.ethz.ch/pub/publications/tech-reports/1xx/125.pdf where you can learn more about it.

Basically to port Oberon on a new platform you need to take one of the existing compilers and modify the modules OPC, OPL, OPM to create a compiler which generates code for the ARM processor. This allows you then to compile all other Oberon OS modules for the new target.

Assuming you want to use Oberon on top of Linux you need to compile the bootstrap loader oberon.c on your ARM/Linux environment. I cannot judge whether the BootLinker needs adaptations too or not, as I do not know anything about ARM.

claudio
--
Claudio Nieder, Talweg 6, CH-8610 Uster, Tel +4179 357 6743, www.claudio.ch