[Oberon] Project Oberon: New Edition

Alexey Veselovsky alexey.veselovsky at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 12:59:54 CET 2013

I think that Project Oberon rev 2013 not complete yet.

For example Annex A1 and Annex A2 (language report and CPU
description) still not published. Also there are no Verilog sources.

RISC emulator module still written in Oberon rev 1990 (old CASE semantic
detected).

Whole system and compiler are written in strange language - it is not
Oberon 1990 nor Oberon rev 2013 (LONGINT and other types that has
disappeared in Oberon 07/13, but new semantic for CASE that not described
even in Oberon rev 2013 report).

Also there are some typos, for example in 17.2.4: "From a 15 MHz clock rate
results a refresh rate of 53.5 frames/s" should be replaced to "From a 25
MHz clock rate results a refresh rate of 53.5 frames/s".

Also I can't found description for clk25 in XGA Verilog module (what
difference from clk?).

We discuss Project Oberon 2013 here (in Russian) :
http://oberspace.dyndns.org/index.php/topic,597.0.html

Thanks, Alexey.