[Oberon] RISC emulator

Peter De Wachter pdewacht at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 00:04:25 CET 2014

On 16-03-14 22:22, Peter Matthias wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> thanks for the emulator. It made me get interested in Oberon-risc.
>
> It compiles and runs well on Ubuntu/X64, however, German keyboard layout
> is not recognized.
>
> Two questions:
> - How do I copy files to/from the disk image?
> - What are *.smb files?

I don't have a way yet to transfer files to Oberon. The system supports
file transfer over RS-232 or wireless but those interfaces aren't
emulated yet. I think it might be possible to mount the disk image with
one of the "big" Oberon implementations and transfer files that way, but
I haven't tried that yet.

To get a German keyboard layout, you'll have to edit the keymap table in
Input.Mod. The emulator only deals with scancodes, translating those to
characters is Oberon's job.