[Oberon] MousePoller

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 13:17:22 CEST 2014

With a ps2 mouse, and adding a USB mouse: either/both move the cursor.

This mystery needs deeper understanding to explain.

But consider:
 apparently USB is not allocated/fixed to specific </dev in *NIX>.
 It seems to; be detected when connected, and then identified as a
 mouse [since different device types need to be associated with the
 appropriate driver/s].
So the USB approach is consistent with 'just add more links to
the chain'. But the RS232 approach is not suitable for 'chaining'.

USB is very complex, but apparently very successful.
RS232 is very simple. I've never looked into ps2.
It's notable that OP2013, seems to be skipping USB?

== Chris Glur.