[Oberon] Re (2): suggestions for documentation.

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Thu Apr 3 23:16:23 CEST 2014

On Thursday 03 April 2014 18:08:47 Douglas G. Danforth wrote:
> chuckle, ..., you know of course that the Oberon0 system consumed
> 300K bytes.

Of course. On "Lithium" I have a 1 MB partition for Native Oberon.

But think about this: suppose Oberon would have caught on and Windows
would have taken he place of OS/2, then we would still be using 386
class machines with 2 MB of RAM and 20 MB harddisks. No need for TB
disks, GHz octocore cpu's and GB's of RAM.

Oberon was too good to guarantee progress in silicon....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jan Verhoeven
http://www.verhoeven272.nl