[Oberon] Project Oberon 2013 on GitHub?

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 10:02:53 CEST 2014

Let's not lose sight of the fact that this project BELONGS to NW/ETHZ!

If it's captured by the popularist vultures, it may turn to crap.
I don't want to see jewels diluted by garbage.

OTOH, as soon as I get the keybrd & mouse running on V5/rPi,
I want to announce it on the Pi:Newsgroup; and I want to mention
some figures:
 how many instructions has risc got?
 I'll check the mail which listed file sizes.

For decades NW has been advocating simplicity, and he has
ACHIEVED it, as proven by the <size>.
People ignored him; and now they'll want to gobble-up his project.
========
Previously: my first test run of V5/rPi was on X11 AFAIR.
It seemed to have lost keybrd, but Ctrl/Alt/Del did reboot.
Then I ran it under <non X>, which is what I prefer [LNO is more
impressive, under FrameBuffer], and now Ctrl/Alt/Del  is also
<disabled>.

== Chris Glur.

PS. these new-fads like: <various developmenthubs:git..etc>,
 M$, gmail are like the tobacco vendors.
In the 90's I could conveniently get email.
Then for socio/political reasons local ISPs collapsed.
Now I'm shackled with lame gmail.