[Oberon] Project Oberon 2013 on GitHub?

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Thu Apr 10 17:03:31 CEST 2014

volkert at nivoba.de wrote:
> Of course NW should decide, f.e. what patches or extensions should go
> into the main branch.

NW will become the Linus Torvalds of Oberon.

> But, something like GitHub makes it easier to track issues, sending patches, .... adding tutorials,
> adding application, ...

Nothing prevents us from doing this ourselves in private webspace.
I have backed up the sources of the emulator in my Oberon section
http://fruttenboel.verhoeven272.nl/Oberon/index.html in the Ceres section

We could also open a track on sourceforge.

> For me, it is more about keeping all the stuff alive, to give others the
> chance to learn the simplicity and power of Oberon.

Too true

> And it is obvious that ETHZ lost its interest in Oberon.

And Pascal, and Modula-2. All of those seem to have been research
projects that have all served their causes.

--
Groetjes

Jan Verhoeven