[Oberon] Project Oberon 2013 on GitHub?

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Sat Apr 12 20:35:07 CEST 2014

volkert at nivoba.de wrote:
>> We could also open a track on sourceforge.
> yes, of course.  But i would prefer a concensus about ideas and goals doing this step and after that we can discuss about the tracker and repository options. no hasty decisions

No worries, Volkert. There will not be a fork in the road. In my idea it
would be two parallel lanes. One stable branch that gets full
documentation, bug tracker and fixes, well organized source code. And a
development branch for all the new thingies.
It would never be a Minix/Linux case.

> I am curious what are NW's, Paul Reed's and ETHZ's plans for "Project Oberon 2013". Any ideas?

I guess ETHZ lost interest in second generation languages like Pascal,
Modula, Oberon.

> And i think Peter De Wachter's RISC Emulator should be part of the game.
> This Emulator is really important for Oberon.

PdW's emulator plays a key role. It converts a single platform compiled
language into a multi platform interpreted language. A kind of Java.

--
Groetjes

Jan Verhoeven