[Oberon] Oberon on the Raspberry Pi

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 13:58:27 CEST 2014

]Accessing filesystem of host system or launching Linux commands is just not
]possible, since Oberon in this case doesn't know anything about underlying
]system.

Sure, V5 doesn't know about *nix, but the designers know where the
file is saved.
And it won't be encrypted. If they can tell me where/what it is, I'd
expect to be able
to extract the near-plain-ASCII, and it should be easy also to make a
<formatter>
for reading in. I can read AosFS textfiles on rPi, with less pain than
using  Windows.

To launch *nix [or any] commands, you have a cronJob/timer, which occasionally
looks at the files that V5 writes. Even it the underlying system can only detect
the size or date change, that can be a signal.

== Chris Glur.