[Oberon] RISC5

Nemo cym224 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 22:11:35 CEST 2014

On 18 April 2014 13:14,  <Aubrey.McIntosh at alumni.utexas.net> wrote (in part):
> IMPORT SYSTEM

[...]
> I think it is very open.  It is documented everywhere, and has been part of
> Wirth's languages for a long time, possibly as early as Modula-2.

Yes -- it is in Modula-2.

Further to this thread, look at the source for the compiler.  The
initialisation part of the parser enters "SYSTEM", "VAL", "VAR", and
all the other special procedures into the symbol table, each with its
own "type" and pre-determined rules.  When the parser finds one of
these special types, instructions are generated according to
pre-determined rules.

N.