[Oberon] Oberon on the Raspberry Pi

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 01:34:23 CEST 2014

>> - The Oberon screen is not part of normal WM Window. May be it is, but
>> it looks if its not.
>>
>> Anyway, the behaviour is different to that of other linux systems, f.e.
>> debian / ubuntu on x86. Here is
>> Oberon Screen is per default part of a window which i can grab and move
>> around. I see no reason, why
>> FXDE on RaspPi should behave other as Gnome/Unity on my x86.

X11 is known to be monster.
LNO also has problems running under X.
Whereas the FrameBuffer version has less problems, and it's
spectacular to see the 'graphic screen' in console mode.

But now I remember: so was it to see V5 in console mode.
I've 'lost' the text and mouse on my V5; only the mouse pointer
is visible when it goes off the V5 frame. But I'm not going to spend
effort debugging it unless I can access my <log file> written in V5.
Otherwise it's just a journey going nowhere.

== Chris Glur.