[Oberon] RISC5

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 07:11:38 CEST 2014

]> So that porting to a different architecture, just means replacing the
]> pseudoCode byte sequence/S?

]Yes but you must do some homework first to understand how the compiler
]works and how the code generation works.

If you make an allegation/claim which I disagree with, I should not just refer
you to the 'bible'. I should address your claim, with my counter example/S.

Since my thread has been snipped, let me try to reconstruct my thinking:
any [non-real-time] task that V5 performs, can be performed by a system
which performs the sequence of V5 [from the small vocabulary of 16].
instructions, possibly indirectly by instructions of non-V5 hardware.
=========
It's astounding that NW manages with 16 instructions. I haven't yet analysed it.
When I built P-code uProcs for <PASCAL with only byte & byteArray
types, I needed more than 16 Pcodes.

What about a P-code interpreter for rPi? Instead of going via C:
it's so small, it can be assembled directly. [My first pCode VM:
Fairchild-F8 needed hex-byte-codeing!].

But having Oberon, without the ETHO-interface is of little value?

Since Peter Matthias' ALO port seems to allow dissambling ARM,
interesting new ideas for rPi pop up.

== Chris Glur.