[Oberon] In Spirit of Oberon

Bernhard Treutwein Bernhard at wildwein.de
Sun May 11 12:20:36 CEST 2014

Am 10.05.2014 17:59, schrieb Volkert:

[...]
 > 1) What does "In Spirit Of Oberon" mean for you?

 > 2) What are the essential characteristics of "Oberon" (PL, OS) for you?

 > 3) Why is "Oberon" important for you?

Overall I agree with Doug's and Chris' position. Additionally:

Re 2) - PL:   Readability is more important than writeabiblity

Oberon (and Modula-2) before are much more readable than C and its
derivatives. With a tiniy bit of discipline Oberon is self-documenting,
additional documentation makes it only easier but is not an absolute
prerequisite.

Re 3)  I am much more productive than in any other language.

--
   Bernhard