[Oberon] ALO [for rPi] becoming quiet usable,

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Fri May 23 07:20:29 CEST 2014

> But I can't paste the results here, because mouseSelect does not SHOW.
> Only after much messing, did I realise that it DOES select.
> This could be a difficult problem to debug?!
------------------------------------
I guess the visual feedback during Rmouse/select is by reverseImaging
the selected TextStretch?
NB. also missing is the <underLine the token>, which gives us visual
feedback for Mmouse/execute.

Here's my kwik search results [using linux:mc] for:
Find "everse" in *.Mod - which BTW is an example of WHY easy interchange
between ETHO & *nix formats, gives greatly impoved productivety.

Here's further proof of the need to ease communication between
ETHO & linux files: I can't [yet] easily paste my linux observations, which are:
< shark:Terminals.Mod shows bold, underline, blinking, REVERSE>.

I expected ReverseVideo to be implemented in a very <low> module.
Perhaps the ?hidden/secret? Display.Mod?
OK, I see Shark:Display3.Mod .

BTW, the ability to <paste text verbatim> instead of working by
primitive/unreliable word-of-mouth is a massive shift in level of
civilization.

Thanks,

== Chris Glur.

PS. I just had an X11 crash, and I'm not sure if the <No need `xhost  +`>
is because I used it already to run Ver:140423 ?
Yes, obviously: `xhost  +` applies to all future X11 launches.
I'll investigate after the next re-boot.

Based on:
Shark:Miscellaneous.MakeDOSText => ~    convert an Oberon text to a DOS text
I've now got:
EOL4Txt.MakeUnixText  ETHOfmt => UNIXfmt ~  == now UNIXfmt is UNIX

What would be nice is V4's ability to open an ETHO *or* Unix format file,
automagically, depending only on the File's format.