[Oberon] RISC / PC File transfers

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 22:24:20 CEST 2014

How can you possibly make progress if you're imprisoned, and can't get
files in & out of 'the system'?
But can you still buy a PC with RS232 today?
I loved the V5's <2 wire i2c similar> idea; and would have used it on rPi.
It would be easiest to interface with a par-port; which are perhaps even rarer.
The need to use eth0 from PC <-> rPi over 1 meter, is as absurd as using
the national railway system to fetch coffee from the kitchen.

But the market has convinced the new-boys that it's needed.
Could ETHO's existing V24 [RS232] code be easily ported to V5.
The way early 90's code has been ported to ALO shows the viability;
although I can't know how difficult that was.

It may be easier to use hi-tech to down-grade the PC to talk V5-2wire,
than to teach V5 to talk RS232, like I used ETHO's <powerfull
keybrd-Macro> to duplicate the "*" key.

== Chris Glur.