[Oberon] Oberon V4 on FPGA

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Fri Oct 3 18:19:55 CEST 2014

Dear Wojtek,

>   any plans to support Oberon-2 compiler in your private project? This
> would pave the way to port Oberon System V4 to the FPGA. I think that
> System-3 can already be ported, but V4 cannot because it needs Oberon-2.

If you want to port Oberon System V4 to "the" FPGA, why not just start
with Oberon System V4?

(I believe it is available on SourceForge, thanks to the generous efforts
of others.)

I believe Pieter Muller once told me that many of the more complex
(post-book) Oberon systems really only need POINTER TO ARRAY, rather than
full Oberon-2.

Hope that helps,
Paul