[Oberon] Real-time multitasking using interrupt handlers

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 01:05:07 CEST 2014

Chris Burrows wrote:

> In an ARM microcontroller program developed using Astrobe tasks are
> defined at the procedure level (using interrupt handlers) within a
> single application (process).  A hierarchical interrupt system determines
> which task should be started / restarted next. These tasks are initiated
> on demand by the microcontroller itself using a system of prioritised
> interrupts that is defined by the programmer.

I'm a bit snowed-under with problems as S.Africa degenerates to 4th-world
conditions, and have difficulty web-searching; but what does the hardware cost.
eg. the facilities/price menu.

Looking at the big-picture, why would one want to 'Astrobe'?
* Oberon is a nice [good effort to result ratio] language.
* ARM has good: support, cost, power-consumption, versatility.

What about facilities to go-down to asm; which is obviously needed?

I want to write some original thoughts/experience re. asm ; when I find time.

== Chris Glur.