[Oberon] Real-time multitasking using interrupt handlers

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Mon Oct 6 02:15:51 CEST 2014

A list of links to detailed information about development boards and approximate prices are here:

http://www.astrobe.com/devboards.htm

> Looking at the big-picture, why would one want to 'Astrobe'?
> * Oberon is a nice [good effort to result ratio] language.
> * ARM has good: support, cost, power-consumption, versatility.

Yes. I gave a presentation on the subject at Oberon Day 2011 at ETH Zurich. For additional answers to your question you can download a PDF copy of the presentation from here:

http://www.oberonday2011.ethz.ch/talks/

or watch the video here:

http://www.multimedia.ethz.ch/conferences/2011/oberon

> What about facilities to go-down to asm; which is obviously needed?

Wrong assumption - there is no obvious need for asm at all . One of ARM's promotional points for the Cortex-M range of microcontrollers is that no assembler is required and that all development can be done in C. Whatever can be done in C can be done just as well (or better) in Oberon.

Regards,
Chris