[Oberon] OP2 Oberon-2 compiler vs RISC Oberon compiler

Bill Buzzell captbill279 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 21:07:59 CEST 2014

Thanks Chris,

>I think it's a wise move - I certainly don't regret buying one. As I
quoted here recently, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush",

Probably right about that. The Papilio seems very promising but it has the
same RAM issues. I posted a thread on the Papilio forum and the founder
himself, Jack, seems quite interested in Oberon:

http://forum.gadgetfactory.net/index.php?/topic/2132-project-oberon-on-papilio-pro/#entry14624

He took a look at the Verilog of Oberon and says he can probably get it to
run, but only with an 8 bit wide SRAM. Perhaps we can source the 32 bit
SRAMS (like the Spartan 3) and swap it out to one of the Papilio Duo's
assuming they are the same dip package with these guys help.

Would be great to see these FPGA guys get turned on to Oberon.