[Oberon] Star MODULE mark

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Thu Dec 11 22:15:25 CET 2014

At the risk of splitting hairs ...

Well, yes of course - that is what cross compilers are. "can be run" and
"does run" are not the same. If you want to use Wirth's compiler as a
cross-compiler and you do not want to run it on a RISC5 emulator you first
have to "port this compiler" (which includes modifying the source code of
the compiler) to the system that you intend to run it on. Compare the source
code of the Linz V4 Oberon-2013 compiler to the original RISC5 versions to
see what I mean.

Regards,
Chris