[Oberon] Oberon with strings, Eberon

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 07:28:46 CET 2016

jwr at robrts.net wrote:-
]   "<single quote> which is *3 bytes*"
> That would be the case in a UTF-8 encoding of a single-quote.
> character. UTF-8 could result in a 3-byte encoding,..

Fixing such viri is a perfect example of the power of piping
[aka functional programming]:
you can imagine how complex it is to transform *.pdf to.
speech; ie. to *.mp3.

When you've got a working system, and it's messed by this
new virus of repacling ASCII-quote by 3 bytes: you just need to
insert a one-line filter:
  < translate( <3 byte garbage>, <ASCII-quote>)
into the stage before the ASCII-text goes to sound-processing.
Thomas Frey wrote:-

> Bluebottle/Aos# # # # #  also # # #  or #######.

Yes, I was well impressed by that capability of Bluebottle/Aos.
But can it render LaTex math-formulars?

I'd use it if it could, since it can handle ETHO.

== Chris Glur