[Oberon] Fw: FPGA - Bitmaps.Mod

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Thu Apr 6 10:03:54 CEST 2017

Hi,

I am not getting much response re below forward.
I try now to formulate my question better.

[a]
I realised I cannot use this construct under V07
SYSTEM.NEW(addr, size);
Correct?

[b]
I tried to typecast it with SYSTEM.VAL
NEW(SYSTEM.VAL(addr, size));

But type cast is not allowed, possible reason as this would get
difficult job for the garbage collector?

Perhaps it is right ater all, I can use fix bitmap size flavours, 1/1
or 1/2 or 1/4 size of the left display viewer. As the purpose of a
bitmap is to show it in the viewer in the end anyway, clipped to a
visible area.

[c]
That brings another question of SYSTEM function procedure
SYSTEM.VAL. Is it a type cast similar to Pascal ^((type) (variable))?
Need to understand better.

Many thanks
Tomas

Begin forwarded message: