[Oberon] FPGA - Save / Restore OBERON.FS

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Thu Apr 20 17:40:35 CEST 2017

Joerg:

  thank you for the explanation. I am fully aware that the 2013 Project Oberon was an exercise in frugality, partly for its own sake, and partly because the Digilent board had only 1 MB of RAM and no more. Going beyond this frugal system will require more resources, and in particular more RAM.

Here is the question: how much RAM would be needed to implement a richer system running under RISC5? FYI, I designed two variations of such a board. One has 2 MB of ZBT RAM, and the other has 128 MB of SDRAM. I can make the schematics and the layout available of either one, or both.

Thank you,
Wojtek