[Oberon] FPGA - Colour Support

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Sun Oct 8 19:02:49 CEST 2017

On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 15:14:34 +0000
"Skulski, Wojciech" <skulski at pas.rochester.edu> wrote:

> Correct me if I am wrong.

I am pleased you put such high trusts in my abilities, but so far not
enough h/w knowledge here, to able to correct you designs :-)

I think what we have here are very good design thoughts of next Oberon
platform, next to a minimal design doing useful things not
only for didactic purposes. `Pepino' clearly outperforms `Ceres' of its
hay days, when it was thought one of best workstations.

The good thing about minimal hardware, is to see optimised and
efficient code coming from the implementers.

I sometimes think developers should work on generation older machines
to produce something useful, especially when I am confronted with some
new modern web pages (doing essentially same as their earlier versions)
but putting my computer to halt for minutes.

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>