[Oberon] FPGA - Boot over serial line

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Thu Oct 19 21:36:43 CEST 2017

> Now I am thinking of another exercise, running the same `TestLEDs'
> RISC-0 program using BootLoader.

I can now also run `TestLEDs' using BootLoader. I compiled the module
in asterisked mode. The size of resulting `rsc' file is 205 bytes.

From its beginning I clipped the NULL terminated module name (9 bytes),
then another 25 bytes until `B 7' opcode, then also removed 30
bytes from the end until `B R0' opcode.

Resulting size is 140 = $8C bytes.

To make a regular boot file, we need to insert a header with file size
above, and its start address. The sequence is then terminated by NULL
header.

I name the boot file `TestLEDs.bin', not sure what convention is.

SW[1] set to ON, serial line set (19200 bauds 1 stopb,..), now boot over
serial line.
$ cp TestLEDs.bin /dev/ttyUSB1

Works!

--