[Oberon] Re (2): Experimental Oberon

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 14:06:35 CET 2017

> For SMTP you will need a local server as outlined here.
 local server ?!

Remember the 90's where we just <pointed to the Frame and said fetch-that-one,
that-two....>;
and for send & reply, similarly <send-that-one, that-two...>

The email aspect of the design was easy: just follow the RFC,
and ETHO had the <primitive functions: send & fetch>.
So updating the system, when <sender must confirm password> was
introduced, was easy.

Now with gmail, and probably others, the extra security is mandatory:
<TLC  or what-ever>.

It's not clear to me, how/if the SendViaTLC is built by extending the
old Send, and if/why-not the old system can't just be updated by
replacing with the <secure send & receive>.