[Oberon] NEW with anonymous records

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 20 23:00:37 CET 2018

  > Except if you have an explicit answer by him
  > that pointers must point to named records.

Not really except that the change had been planned
for a while now. I remember this topic popped up every
now and then already in the Modula-2 days in the 80s,
when we writing compilers for then-current processors
at ETH.. without ever settling on the question of whether
this should merely stay an implementation restriction or
(one day) become part of the official language spec
(at least I have not seen it in any language specs..)

I don’t it’s a particularly interesting question. One just
needs to make a decision.

Andreas