[Oberon] FPGA - nRF24L01 `RPI Net' server

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Fri Apr 27 14:49:04 CEST 2018

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 11:47:20 +0200
Hellwig Geisse <hellwig.geisse at mni.thm.de> wrote:

> nRF24L01 needs RF decoupling capacitors in order to
> function reliably

Hi Hwllwig,

Good point, I have thought about, but did not fit any cap yet. There
seems different opinions about the capacity value, some claim fitting
just small surface mount across VSS-GND pins is good enough, other have
some elyts of 0.63uF and more.

I am somehow led to believe I chase some bad timing loops. As
small single payloads are acknowledged, semi-reliably. Longer packets
once they got through, the RPI sends ACK back, that is missed
by Oberon, which is not case with small packets, although reported as
sent by RPI. After long packets got through, one end stops listening,
then talks to confirm, while the other end is no longer listening, or
not yet listening.

Not any wiser.

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>