[Oberon] Texts; was "Re (2): byte vs. octet."

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Sun Apr 29 10:54:19 CEST 2018

Hi Lyall E.

> Am 28.04.2018 um 23:39 schrieb peter at easthope.ca:
>
> In the last year or two someone wrote to the effect: one of the
> reasons Oberon never caught widespread attention and use is the Text
> rather than simple ASCII text.

I don’t think this is the reason. If you look at a MS Word document, it’s more than ASCII as well, but it's VERY widely spread.
If you want to export only the ASCII part of a MS Word document, you can do so by changing the output format while saving.
Exactly the same can be done in Oberon by calling EditTools.StoreASCII  iso  Edit.Store

br
Jörg